A/B 5/04 to ethernet

bright676

I would like to connect my PV+ model 2711p-rdt12c with a #2711P-RP1, SER-C, REV-A# to my A/B 5/04 processor with Ethernet.

I have a couple of 1761-NET-AIC available but I am not sure how to do this?

Any ideas? hank you

Unless the PanelView Plus is also equipped with a 2711P-RN6 Data Highway Plus card, it cannot communicate over DH+ with the SLC-5/04.

The PanelView Plus can communicate with the SLC-5/04 directly between their serial ports, if that will suit your needs.

The 1761-NET-AIC is a half-duplex RS-232 to RS-485 converter. It's possible that it will work to connect the SLC-5/04 to the PanelView Plus using those, but it's not recommended or tested. It's also possible to reconfigure both the SLC and the PanelView port for DH485 protocol, which is tested but I dislike it.

If you can get a 1761-NET-ENI interface, that will allow you to connect the SLC-5/04 port to an Ethernet network, and that will work with the PanelView Plus on Ethernet.

I personally prefer the increased performance of the Digi One IAP to the 1761-NET-ENI, but the ENI is fine if you respect its limitations.

Oh ! That's definitely the easiest way.

You need some DH+ cable. The standard cable is the Belden 9463 two-conductor twisted pair with a blue jacket.

It's so standard it's called "blue hose" in most factories.

If your application is a short distance, virtually any two-wire twisted pair will work. I remember at Automation Fair in 1997 we actually had it running on a section of barbed wire fence.

Do you have a connection diagram for this. I want to be able to program them all with out switching cables;

5/04
PV+ model 2711p-rdt12c with a #2711P-RP1
2711P-RN6
2, 1761-NET-AIC
What cables are needed.

I have been on the A/B site and they keep giving me different configurations. When I call them for support I am usually on hold for a hour +.