How to break the password of Siemens CPU 224

AB2005

Hi;

I have a Siemens CPU 224 (6ES7 214-1AD23-0XB0) with a password protected program installed. I want to ask that how can I break the password as there is no battery in CPU.

When you say 'break the password' do you mean you want to clear the PLC so that you can re-use the PLC for something else, or do you mean you want to steal the work, effort and knowledge of the original programmer?

I am also confused.

if you want us to tell you how to reset the plc back to factory defaults so you can program the plc, we can do that.

if you are asking us how to bypass the plc password, then i must tell you that it is the policy of this website not to discuss this type of topic.

please explain your posting better.

regards,
james

As Aabeck said you need the password of CLEARPLC, to use it you will need to establish comms with the PLC, then go to PLC / Clear, in MicroWin and when requested for a password use CLEARPLC.

Clear PLC.jpg