"Constant" property

Papplebeast

In v.20 of RSLogix 5000, there is a checkbox to set a tag to be a "constant" in the Tag Properties window. A program I am currently working on is using v.17 and I don't see that checkbox in the Tag Properties. Is that property not available with v.17 or is it selected in a different place?

The "constant" property became available in Rev.18 of RSLogix5000, together with the security setting of "External Access" - None, Read Only, or Read/Write.

In Rev.17 the only way to make something as near a constant as you can is to continually (i.e. once per scan) MOV a literal value to it in the code. Doesn't stop it being changed though, just puts it back again if it is changed, but by then the damage could have been done !!

Similar Topics

Happy Friday. I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the future with my new gig converting PLC 5 & SLC programs to RSLogix/Studio 5000 based...
Replies
Views
I am new to using Functional Block Diagram (FDB) language programming in CCW. I want to set a variable to a constant if a contact is closed...
Replies
Views
Hello all, this is my first time working with a PLC and dealing with hardware, so please have patience with me. I have an electric rod-style...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have posed a similar question before, but the DB then provided me with pre-allocated "spares". In this instance I need to declare a...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Why does this work: VAR CONSTANT SIZE_OF_dutEVENT : UDINT := SIZEOF (DUT_Event); MAX_SIZE_OF_dutEVENT : UDINT := 5...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom