Communication problems

Lunu

Hi everyone, i'm trying to communicate a panelview 600 (2711-K6C1) with a PLC 5/40. The program is really simple: a single button that turns on/off. My pb32 comm. setup matches the pv600's , but i keep getting Error (9075) "tag does not have a valid address in the terminals assigned Discrete Rack or Block Transfer Channels". I wanna use a discrete input. I read that the addressing syntax for 1771-SN Scanners is I:YYW/BB where YY=rack number, VV=word or group address, BB= bit adress, I tried that way but still got the same error. My input slot is a 1771-IAD D series, i don't know if that matters. Please help me. 🙃

The PanelView is emulating an I/O rack itself. Your addresses have to apply to that I/O rack.

The PanelView is not reading the I/O data table of the controller. You do not have read/write access to other Rack numbers.

Yes, your PanelView Standard should only be addressing Block Transfer data, and not attempting to directly access Controller I/O data. But more specifically, your button should be writing to a Read address (BTR), as the controller then Reads this value in. Likewise, data from the Controller is Written (BTW) for the PanelView to Read in. These can easily be mixed up.

Regards
George

Thanks, sorry for the late response. I've come through some other errors, I'm currently trying to activate the logic command bits of a powerflex 700 with the same equipment above. I'm using the same syntax on panelbuilder32 for my tags: I:YYW/BB, where: YY=rack number, W=word or group address and BB=bit address. The buttons seems to respond but they don't activate the bits.

Last edited:
Ken and George already told you what is the reason.

In the PV600 program you have to use some of the I/O data area assigned to the PV600. You cannot address other I/O data in the PV600.
To use the PV600 to control the PF700, in the PLC5 program you have to use the PV600 I/O data addresses to set or reset the PF700 I/O data addresses.

Using RIO for operator panels is a b***h. All the data transfer has to go via the indirect route of block transfers and very limited IO data.

My bad was on the plc program. I thought that the input address in panelbuilder and the input address in rslogix 5 would automatically relate, all I had to do was to make them the exact same address.