FTVSE Client Crashing

jparker83

Anyone out there running 8.0 and using the PlantPax Blocks? I have noticed from time to time the client will crash either giving this response:

"A required resource was unavailable"

or we get nothing and it just crashes. We have noticed this more and more to the point that we won't get a full day out of Client. Wanted to see if anyone out has seen this.

Apparently, it's been around since v7.00...

533710 - Patch: Client stops working with error, FactoryTalk® View 7.00.00 CPR9 SR6
Access Level: Everyone

Regards
George

Apparently, it's been around since v7.00...

533710 - Patch: Client stops working with error, FactoryTalk® View 7.00.00 CPR9 SR6
Access Level: Everyone

Regards
George

I actually brought this to there attention 2 days ago asking if there was any fix to this for 8.0 and all I got was, just rebuild your client and restart your computer. Thats been done many times and it rears its ugly head every time.

Well I would assume that the linked patch for v7 was included in v8, or they had fixed it? So I suppose applying that patch would amount to nothing, but did you try it for pig iron?

Who are "they"? Rockwell I assume?

What they don't say in the Technote, strangely enough, is what the likely cause is? Have you asked? Sometimes they don't get into minor glitches that they'll fix at the next patch roll-up, but you're hardly seeing it as "minor" at the moment?

As you can see, that's a lot of question marks.

G.