GE Poficy error 808

jpfletcher

I have a brand new GE QuickPanel control and I downloaded a seven year program to it. After downloading the program to the control there is a fault 808. Saying the card 1 module (IC693APU300) has the wrong module configured. I downloaded another program with the same card but in a different slot with the same results. Has anybody ran into this problem before?

Don't recall ever getting a Fault 808.
I am guessing you mean a 7 year old program? Too many other variables to guess at. I do not see an entry for fault 808 in Proficy or on the GEIP support web site either.
You may want to run this by GEIP Tech support and send them the program along more details.

There is an Error 808: Taken from PME online help.

Error 808: The module in Rack x, Slot x attached to Card x has been configured for the wrong module. Please verify settings in the I/O config section.

Series 90-30
Solution:

Re-configure the module for the proper settings.
This is as you suspected, a configuration Error where the controller does not recognize the module in the 90-30 rack or does not match what is in the controllers config area.
As your configuration is assumed to be correct I would suspect either a bug in your version of Proficy or in your QP Controller.
But we know not any details of those so I can only guess.

I suggest that you contact GEIP tech support as indicated above.
Also verify that your Proficy is updated with the latest SIM: PME Update Links.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the OP may have lost the configuration for the NIU in the rack. This is nothing more than speculation on my part. My hunch is based on the presence of the APU300 module. It configures as a mixed Input/output module. Modules like that will not self-configure, so when the NIU detects them in the rack it doesn't know what to do with them without a configuration file.
I'm not familiar with how QP Control projects are set up in Proficy, but if the NIU is a separate target in the Proficy project, try downloading the hardware configuration to it.