GE 9070 Downloading issue (Memory error)

MMJX

I am kind of new to GE products, but we have several in my area. I made a minor logic change and it verified good, but when I tried to download I got an error -- "cannot store memory. Local memory use exceeds configured limits in _Main".

I used an existing "%Q09XXX" bit, so I did not create anything new just changed the name. I am unsure of what that error means and I cannot find anything that addresses that error.

Does anyone have any experiecne with that error? I greatly appreciate any help!!

Oh, you mentioned "I changed the name" so i thought it had something in it prior. I would also undo the "minor logic change" as well.

I was just trying to find out if your change was the tipping point for the memory or if something else is going on.

Oh, you mentioned "I changed the name" so i thought it had something in it prior. I would also undo the "minor logic change" as well.

I was just trying to find out if your change was the tipping point for the memory or if something else is going on.
Just spoke to someone and they mentioned that it could be due to be a redundant PLC and I am trying to implement on the live PLC, whereas I need to do on standby PLC 1st, then swap to it. Then do the same on the Primary. I am going to try that and see if it works.

THanks for replying!

Even simple changes get more complicated in a redundant system. GE offered several different redundancy strategies over the years, so your best bet is to consult the documentation for whichever system you're using. You may find that you have to stop the processor before you can download to it, then restart it and make it the CPU that's controlling the outputs, then stop the other CPU and download to it. Don't do what I just described without first consulting the documentation!
If you're trying to make the change while the CPU is running, another possibility is that the program block you're changing is large and there isn't enough free memory available to permit a change while the CPU is running the program. The GE strategy to make changes while running is to first download the entire modified program block to available memory and then change the pointer that sets the starting memory location of that block from the old to the new.