Error code 16#0000 3333

DRD_D2H

Hi there,
I'm new to plc programming and was wondering why I get this error code when I run my simulation for these temperature sensors?
What I'm trying to do:
  • Read the input from the sensors
  • Convert it from analog to digital
  • Add the two values of the two sensors together and divide to get the average temperature
None of the sensors have arrived yet so I'm just running what it would be like when they get the readings in PLCSIM.

Thank you

Attachments

• image_2024-04-29_093819396.png
    image_2024-04-29_093819396.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2024-04-29 085538.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-29 085538.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 21
Input from your sensors should go through NORM_X and SCALE_X blocks.
NORM_X should use minimum of 0, input as value and maximum of 27648*
SCALE_X should use the output from NORM_X and minimum and maximum of whatever the instrument is, say 0 and 100.
It's worth making an FC block with these in since it's something used quite a lot.

This should give you the input as the actual value from the sensor, then you can average it from there. Use a CALC block to simplify.

What you're seeing there is not an error code, it's just that the input data type is word, not real.

*There is a reason for this number, look up the system manual for your PLC for more information. Assuming it's S7-1200?

EDIT: Just realised it's an RTD input, so ignore what I said about NORM_X and SCALE_X, you are correct in just dividing by ten! I'll leave it there for google results.
Your only issue is that the tag MD28 has somehow been created as a word, not a real.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply!
Couldn't find where the data type was input as word but I think the problem was in PLCSIM! The display format in the sim table was DEC instead of Floating point and that seemed to sort the issue out.

Thanks again