language support not installed ?

realolman

I have a RSLogix 5000 program in which I can't search or open a routine called "y-scaling" because it says language support is not installed

I have an analog output that is being transformed from a value in the 40s and 50s to values of 4000+ or so... I suspect it is being accomplished in the y-scaling routine

how do I install language support?

thank you

It's probably done in Function Block because it has a scaling function. Ladder does not. If you don't have the FBD language, you will need to purchase it. The scaling FBD could be made into a AOI and used from ladder. But that would require rewriting the routine slightly.

thank you

I think maybe I'll just assume things are going well in that routine and look for the problem in other places

thank you ... that's very kind

You mentioned purchasing the FBD language ... I think I might look into that

Any particular reason someone would have done it that way instead of scaling it with a plain old math block? division ,multiplication or compute??? I think there's even some sorta scaling block that I can't think of off hand

thanks again

There's no magic in the EFD Scaling function. You can definitely do the same thing in ladder with a CPT instruction. A lot of people are use to using the scaling function as the SLC500s had a ladder scaling function.