C-More to Kollmorgen AKD Error

adcla02

I have a customer who is currently down due to/related to a "PLC-499: Error code 0x0025 returned from the PLC". The system is a Kollmorgen AKD (AKD-T00606-NBAN-000) with parameters being written directly from the C-More HMI (EA7-S6M), via Modbus TCP/IP over Ethernet. The GO signal is a physical input to the drive and the DONE signal coming from the drives relay output. The modbus connection is used for speed, accel, etc. The machine is currently cycling erratically, causing me to wonder if it is the problem or just a symptom of another issue with the drive. According to the customer, the machine cycles when it is run mode, without receiving the physical input, and attempts to double cycle when given the input. The machine is very simple, and has been working without issue for years.

Anyone have any suggestions of suspicions?

Thanks,

Adam

An easy test would be to disconnect the C-more temporarily and push the Go button. If it still is erratic then it must be something with the drive.

I had the customer check all connections on the drive, and it ended up being a loose wire/cable (not Ethernet) on the drive. I'm not sure how that would relate to the error on the HMI and how it would cause intermittent cycling, but it has been completely normal since.

The drive is replying with a non-standard Modbus Exception code 0x25(37 decimal). You would need to check the drives manual to see what that actually means.