ControlLogix

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently switched from a controllogix L5561 controller to an older L5555 controller and now my 1756 EWEB Ser B web module will not communicate via IP Address. When I checked the properties of the web module I got an identity mismatch. I removed it and added it back but when I added back to the backplane the only revision allowed was 4.1 but on the web module it shows 5.1. Would that cause the module to not communicate?

Also this is a series b but when adding the module I was only able to choose series a.. if that means anything.

Does the older (L5555) CPU have an older firmware revision than the newer (L5561) CPU? If so, when you open up the project file, it will also open up an older version of RSLogix 5000. And it may be that the older version only supports up to rev 4.1.

I've not had first hand experience with this, so take this with a grain of salt, but that's where I'd be starting...

Why would you switch from a L61 to a L55? L55 only went up to ver. 16 firmware. I'm not sure what firmware the L61 started at.

Im guessing he did it because there was an issue with his L61 and he had an L55 handy?? probably because they swapped the L55 to the L61 when they added that card? im all speculation at this point lol.