RSLogix 5000 V20.01.01 firware support V16

R_C

I just installed version 20.01.01, but I did not see during the install how to install other firware support files. I need to be able to open a V16 file. Did I miss something in the install?

Hi

I think the licence changed at ver 20 , I could be wrong. I have ver 16 to 21 on the same pc but I have a integrators licence and I think it covers all.

Again I am not sure

Donnchadh

With RSLogix 5000 (now Studio5000) you need to go to the Rockwell website, click on support, click on downloads, select By Serial Number. Then enter your company name the software is licensed to & the serial number.

Then you have to select RSLogix 5000, click on the down arrow in the box showing Ver 24 & select the version you need (16), download & install it,

To be fully functional in the field you need to download & install ALL versions!

All versions will run on the same license in FactoryTalk.

To be fully functional in the field you need to download & install ALL versions!

I have done that & be forewarned - even with a T1 internet connection - downloading all the versions (the newer ones are especially sizable) & installing them will take a couple full days at work, best not need your computer while doing this.

If you have the disks, there should be a separate one with all the old software and firmware kits. I just went through this recently and was relieved to find all this on DVD to avoid having to download them all. You will need all the old versions of RSLogix in order to support those firmware revisions, so you will probably want to install those too.

They all installed fine on my Win7 64 bit laptop except for the oldest one (13 I think) which would require a 32 bit system or vm. It did not take much time to select all of them (I unchecked the sample files, I can get those elsewhere if needed), and let the install process run for all of them. There may be a prompt for installation of .NET framework 1.1, and you must answer yes, otherwise, the install will abort and you will have to make your selections all over again.

Unless you are strapped for disk space, there is no performance hit if you have them all. Then, when you open a file from the start page in Studio5k or double click a file, the correct version will automatically start.

Last edited:
Yes AND when downloading the older versions with the second disk, (disk 1 was studio ver. 21) for me, only ver 20 was set to install by default. Part way through the install, one of the many dialog boxes gave an option to check the box next to the older versions... 13-19... before continuing and pressing next.

Regards

Last edited: