Ac control supply to DC contactor and vice versa

AC on a DC coil will result in a vibrating buzzer. The coil will not hold in. DC on an AC coil will pull in properly but the DC voltage would have to be much less than the AC voltage because the DC resistance of the coil is much less than the AC impedance at 50 or 60hz.

From personal experience, DC on an AC coil will pull the contactor in for just long enough to give the panel a thorough test, sign it off as OK, crate it up and send it to the client.

It will fail very soon after that :oops:

Similar Topics

Long ago, it was often a customer spec to always use a transformer for isolation of the control circuit from the rest of the equipment. For 24vdc...
Replies
Views
Hello Members We have a controllogix redundancy setup and need to display the status of redundancy in panelview. I have found in the manual the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am currently working on a project that requires the equipment to vary DC power output during cycle. I need to vary from ~30VDC to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we are assembling an industrial control panel which consists of 4 branch circuits supplied from panel feeder as follows: Panel feeder ...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am looking to put a 1756-PA50 power supply in my application. I am having trouble finding any Rockwell documentation that specifies...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom