Variable Power Supply Control

jenk00001

Hello,
I am currently working on a project that requires the equipment to vary DC power output during cycle. I need to vary from ~30VDC to ~90VDC. Using a Compact Logix controller but havent seen any ethernet IP programmable power supplies out there. Anyone have a similar application or ideas? Thanks in advance.

Jenk

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The most obvious solution is a PSU with an analog reference like 0-10V or 4-20 mA, and an analog output channel from an analog output module.

What is the purpose of the variable PSU voltage ? Is there a feedback loop or is this just a set-and-run open loop application ?

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The most obvious solution is a PSU with an analog reference like 0-10V or 4-20 mA, and an analog output channel from an analog output module.

What is the purpose of the variable PSU voltage ? Is there a feedback loop or is this just a set-and-run open loop application ?

This will be powering a battery operated tool and needs to simulate varying voltages while the tool is undergoing the main function of the machine which is a dyno. I saw a few power supplies with analog inputs but was hoping there was a unit out there to communicate over ethernet.

We have some Magna-power electronics supplies here and I just did a quick look up on their site and it appears they have what you're looking for.

I can also say at a previous employer we used a ton of Delta Electronica supplies for 12V automotive related testing. These had a profibus interface, and were definitely not a high maintenance item, but they were probably 10-15 year old design, so I would guess without looking them up that they probably have ethernet options these days.