Cimplcity runtime license

sultanahmed

Hi All,

I am using cimplicty in which i have 2400 I/o's discrete input(1200) discrete Output(1200) 24vdc.

i will use some memory addresses in cimplicty around 300 points.

Question is how much runtime system Cimplictity I/o points license required.

Similary i am using Machine edition software.

how much runtime system Machine Edition I/o points license required.

šŸ™ƒ

More information will be needed to give you accurate information.

For Cimplicity HMI/SCADA you need only count the hardware points accessed from the controller(s) so a 300 point runtime is likely all you need unless spares are required. Total the In's, Out's and internal Addresses (Variables) accessed from all controllers, do not count internal variables used only by the runtime.

For Proficy Machine Edition (Cimplicity Machine Edition is obsolete.) you only need to count points for its "PC View" module, which is similar to but not the same as Cimplicity HMI/SCADA. But points are counted the same, only hardware points directly accessed by the runtime.