Stu PID ity

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
[FONT=&quot]For a micrologix PLC, what happens if a PID is put into manual mode but the operator sets Output Max CV(%) less than Output Min CV(%)? Or, the same Max/Min reversal in AUTO mode and with Limit Output CV = YES.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am working on someone else’s code where they carefully checked that Max > Min, but then if it were true they just latched a B3 bit and otherwise ignored it. I have looked carefully thru the OIT code and it appears to have been forgotten. Furthermore, other than latching this random bit, no PLC action is taken. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Most likely, the situation has not arisen in the operation of this program. Were it to happen, would it be a problem? Will it FAULT the PLC? [/FONT]

I believe it will fault the processor. Can't say for sure and I don't have a unit on hand to test. Just using my memory bank.