Wincc dump to CSV/Excel sheet

ZAMA22

Hi guys, I'm currently busy with a Wincc project which requires me to dump field data and physical inputs entered by an operator on a Wincc scada to a csv file for reporting purposes. Now this is my first time working with wincc and i just want to know how i can go about doing this??? i understand that some form of scripting may be required and to be honest i kinda suck donkey nuts when it comes to scripting!!! but either way I'm willing to learn:oops: Any tips or pointers???

Thanks in advance

In WinCC,Scripting is available in "C" and VBS

Sounds like you're going to end up doing some scripting. I haven't written CSV files but I've done TXT files a few times and CSV is only formatted text. I'm guessing you willneed to build an array of strings, where each string represents one line, and write it out to a file.

With a CSV file, each line should contain the required numnber of separators even if there is no data.

Maybe someone could offer a better solution?

Nick

Maybe this can be of help! With these advices from the thread I posted I created a VB script that logged the values I choosed. I could even name the .csv file from the PLC and it will create the file if it doesn't exist and if it does it will add.

Read through the script and you will understand it, it's actually pretty simple when you get to "know" it!