Jsr

Sheethal

Hi,

I have a Teslameter which communicates to a Control Logix processor via a Flex I/O using ASCII.

In the main routine the values of the commands to be sent to the device are calculated.An ASCII character/s has to be appended to the values(in the main routine ) in order for the device to respond.The character addition is done in a sub routine which updates the device.
My main routine is in Function Block and ASCII conversion/insertion can only be handled in Ladder Logic.

So everytime I have to send an instruction, I have to send the value, and the ASCII character(which are predetermined) to be appended to the subroutine.So whenever the control encounters a JSR it jumps to the subroutine...whether or not it is required.

My question
Is there a way to control JSR instruction(am working in FBD)?

Sheethal