Simulation with REAL 1212C PLC

Joe Frey

Hello everyone !

I am using a siemens PLC 1212C AC/DC/RLY to simulate a PLC program on TIA Portal V13. Each time I come online and monitor I get 2 problem:

The first problem is that all my inputs are all in state 1, as soon as the PLC is online, and i can't change them. Only by forcing them.

The second problem is that, i want to simulate my Counter (CTD), but i don't see any change in the counting value...

Please HELP !

So I take you are using a real PLC, then you are not simulating but monitoring, right?

Do you have anything connected to the inputs?
Are the lights at the inputs on the PLC on?
What are you trying to do with the counter?

Please post screenshots and/or programs, it is often much easier to understand.

The first problem is that all my inputs are all in state 1, as soon as the PLC is online,...
The next logical question I thought of: What is connected to these Inputs?

If no wires or sensors or switches are connected, but all PLC inputs go ON in RUN mode, normally that indicates a malfunction of the PLC.

On the other hand, maybe somebody wired jumpers to every single input.... (its possible, nothing surprises me at my age).

Hello everyone !

I am using a siemens PLC 1212C AC/DC/RLY to simulate a PLC program on TIA Portal V13. Each time I come online and monitor I get 2 problem:

The first problem is that all my inputs are all in state 1, as soon as the PLC is online, and i can't change them. Only by forcing them.

The second problem is that, i want to simulate my Counter (CTD), but i don't see any change in the counting value...

Please HELP !

Other posters are looking at the HW aspects of the PLC, so i'll focus on the software part.

You say that you can't change your inputs, only force them. Thats's correct. If you are looking to "simulate" a process, then you should either use M memory or data blocks. The Inputs will always match the real world unless forced or overwritten, because at the beginning of each scan, the PLC copies the values from each HW point to the PLC memory. If you try to change them via a watch table, then they will be changed for the duration of one scan, and immediately changed back at the beginning of the next scan. Siemens also sells a HW simulator module, basically a bunch of switches on a greenboard that plugs into the 1200's built in IO.

Is the counter using teh CTD block, or is it a high speed counter tied to the real world IO? The CTD block should trigger every scan, as long as the input remains true and the block is enabled. If it is not counting, then you need to check to make sure the count down trigger is actually on.

@ mk42

In fact i think its most a software issue rather than HW, as there is nothing wired to the PLC input ( only a GPS module).

I am using variable from a data block, as soon as the PLC was online, these variables alson were 1, but i tried to make them ( as i wish) by setting conditions and they were ok. I simulate them with the SCADA Runtime and it works fine ( i think it should be) ,Still the physical input i'am using is still 1 and i don't know why....?

AM using CTD

Hello everyone, the problem of INPUTS on is solved. I am currently a HSC with my PLC. I want to test my logic, anyone knows how to simulate a HSC?