Moeller easy - special bits

As the title - are there any?

What I mean by this in particular is special flashing bits or always on/off bits and maybe first scan.

Not my choice but I have to write a program for a pattern sewing machine with an Easy 800 series.
I only tried the software (easysoft pro) yesterday for the first time and there seems to be some good things to it and some terrible. (The simulator I like) The no copy and paste I hate - amongst other things

I have several illuminated push buttons and I want to make them flash when a problem occurs to give the operator a clue has to what has gone wrong.

I know I can write a flash on/off routine (by long division hehe) I just hoped there was a 'bit' I could use to just put inline with the lamp output.

I have searched the forum but answers to moeller easy plc's - no I correct myself - smart relays - are few on the ground.
I suspect the title 'smart relay' means just that.... nothing very advanced.

EDIT: I correct myself - there is a copy and paste it's just not very obvious how to do it.

Last edited:
No 'special bits' with the Easy. Making a flashing device is easy though, use a timer and in Parameters set it to Flashing, you can set the Off/On period as required. Then you can use a contact of the flashing timer anywhere in the program. Using the Easy does take a bit of getting use to, and it is limited, though to be honest it does more than the first Mitsubishi PLCs I used.

If you have much data to give/get to/from operators it might be worth looking at the Easy MFD, it uses the same software but you also get an HMI screen. Typical list price for an Easy 800 system is £250, typical MFD system with the same IO is £440. Only needs two 22.5 holes to mount it, but you do have to run more wires to the lid.

http://www.moeller.net/en/products_solutions/motor_applications/control/mfd-titan/

One 'gotcha' with the Easy. Make sure that you select the right firmware version for the module that you will be using. You can upgrade to a newer firmware in the software but it won't let you downgrade.

Last edited:
Thanks again BG i'll keep that in mind.

In the past I have been guilty of being scornful of these smart relays but with the simulators help and a lot of trial and error the 'first draft' of the program went pretty well.

We'll see how it goes in the real world now..........