Optical PROFIBUS Network - expansion - Expert needed

Homer_BL

I got a optical network of tree S7-313C CPUs, 2,5 kilometers from each other (nodes A B C), connected via Glass FO Multimode cable and OLMs. I need to add Node D, but 7,5 kilometers from Node C.

I must use singlemode FO cable and OLM with 1300nm. Can i connect it like this (attached) or/and do I need any further equipment in Node C?

Thanks!

Optics HD.jpg

You proposal is correct.

I've made a previous comment, but I'd failed to read that the new distance is 7.5kW, so you wold need monomode fiber.

Kelkoon,

I intended to use single-mode; but, can it be done like at image attached? Do I need RS485 repeater in node C?

I dont have any experience with Profibus over Fiber.
But if you ask if it is necessasry with a repeater for the short copper Profibus cable between the CP342-5 and the two OLM's at node C, then I am quite certain - no that is not necessary.