Powerflex4 /40

PLC Pie Guy

Hey all.
I just wanted to ask a quick drive question.
I am trying to commision an old panel that came from another plant. It has many sets of drives all powerflex4, communicating through 22X Comm modules. Each 22X Comm module carries 5 drives and is communicating to the CLX through ethernet.
My question is this. I have one failed drive. I only have a powerflex 40 to replace it with at the moment. If I address the powerflex 40 with the same node or module address, would this be a suitable direct replacement? I am thinking that maybe the method of communication would be different to the PLC than the powerflex 4 was.
Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure the baud rate and the format are the same as the PF4. I think it will work as long as only the basic information is being accessed (status/actual freq in - command bits/commanded freq out)

I agree; I don't think that the 22-COMM-E module does any identity checking at all on the DSI serial side.

You'll have to set the DSI node number correctly, and of course set up any non-default parameters and current limits, etc.

But the Start/Stop command and the speed reference scaling are all identical in the PowerFlex 4/40/400 series, as far as I know.

Thanks for the input guys. I thought it should work because looking at the manual the parameters are the same and I am only communicating basic start, stop, running at speed and such. However I figured something I was totally overlooking would keep me from making this work.
I am going to try this later today.

Thanks again!