Weintek HMI to Compact Logix

oldnerd

Has anyone had any experience with weintek hmi to compact logix.
The HMI addresses are different, FFF = file, DDD = word and ddd = bit.
I have not ran into this one before and just wanted to know what I was going to be up against.

Thanks
oldnerd

In System Parameters, Setup your device as Compactlogix Free tags choose serial or ethernet communications. After that you will see an import button appear which allows you to import your tags for usage. There is also a DataType Button which allows the setup of UDT if used.

Thanks found Free Tags and the Data Type Button. Guess I have gotten lazy and use to all the auto functions A/B does that you do not think about, until you have to go and manually do them.

Thanks found Free Tags and the Data Type Button. Guess I have gotten lazy and use to all the auto functions A/B does that you do not think about, until you have to go and manually do them.

It is a quick and easy process during development to export from Logix/Studio5000 and import into Easybuilder.

It is just a shame you can't import any UDT's you want to access. Perhaps one day....

If you do create any UDT's in the HMI, they are not "portable" between PCs, unless you allow decompilation of the EXOB file. I made the mistake of developing an HMI application on a desktop, then copied the project file to a laptop to take to site, where I had to re-enter the UDT structure.