RS logix 5000 v20

sandy5020

Hi,

I have installed Rslogix 5000 v20 in my laptop then I connected with a control logix system and it was success. I have uploaded the program and everything is ok. but when I was online I checked the ethernet module info it gave me a warning message "physical module does not match with config" this is due to revision difference. But I want to know whether I can download without any problem or I have to use RSlogix5000 v20.01 ( Old back was showing "Created with Rslogix 5000 v20.01)

Please guide me on this

Thanks
sandeep

All this means is that there is a version conflict of the actual Ethernet module to what is set in your hardware configuration. I'm guessing the electronic keying is either disabled or set for compatible module which means the difference will not cause you any issues. If you right click on the module and view the properties you can see which option has been set.

thanks

yes you are correct I couldnt find any errors while online....I have attached the module info also in this post

My other query is related to the Rslogix version

When I checked the backup file (.ACD) in notepad I could see that project created with RSlogix 5000 v20.01

I am using Rslogix 5000 v20. So Do I need to upgrade or I can use it for downloading without any issue as I have already uploaded and went online with v20.

Thanks
sandeep

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

I am using Rslogix 5000 v20. So Do I need to upgrade or I can use it for downloading without any issue as I have already uploaded and went online with v20.

Rockwell has released 2 versions 20's: 20.01 & (if memory serves me right this early) ver 20.13. You didn't say which you had, but for compatibility make sure it's 20.01 for this project. Then you can do what ever you want online.

All this means is your ethernet card has a different address than what is listed in the configuration.
If you look on the property page you'll see an address ghosted out. That address does match the address of the card.

Downloading will not change the physical address of the card. You must do that either on the connection tab by using the SetIP button or using RSLINX. Go to RSWho Right click on the ethernet module and choose Module Configuration. Just be aware if any Message Instruction from another PLC or if you have a HMI they could be designed to look for the address of the current module. Changing it could cause loss of communiction to your devices. If you go offline and Change the address on the configuration to match the module then a download would be required. Just remember to stop your machine go online and save project and answer YES to upload all values before going offline and changing the configuration. This will ensure all data in the PLC is saved to your program file and will be downloaded back to the PLC after changes are made.

There was a change between V20.01 and V20.03, such that these are not directly compatible without updating the project.
So if it says V20.01 then use V20.01 and do not try and use a later version 20. I have had that pain!

Got to Rockwell's website http://www.rockwellautomation.com/
Click on Support
Click on Downloads
Click on By Serial # - enter your company name & serial # of RSLogix 5000 you have
Select Studio 5000, then on select files, click on the down arrow that now shows ver 24 & select ver 20.01
Then download & install that version too

To be fully functional in the field you have to have ALL versions installed (17 now I think)