Change of Text

Manoj M

Hello Experts,
Just a small query in relation to Wincc Flexible advanced. I have status screen where I need to update the status of process. It is something like Locking bolts Disengaging and Disengaged. I want text disengaging change to disenagaged status as per the memory bits fired by PLC. Can somebody explain me the easiest way to perform this.

Many Thanks
Manoj

Look at Text and Graphic List

Then choose the text list for your text and the tag.

Sounds like you basically want a multistate indicator, I am not familiar with WinCC but in red lion/eztouch/ panelview create a multi state indicator, and based on an integer value or which bit of a integer is on which message shows.

Set your memory bits in the plc (or you can do this in the HMI) to make an integer = a certain value 0,1,2,3,4,5 etc. Make a multistate indicator to monitor that integer and it will display the message you set to correspond with that integer value

If statusBit5 is 1 then stateInteger = 5 (or the equivalent ladder logic as a branched output in the rung that statusBit gets set)

Then in your multistate indicator set message 5 to be Disengaged

if you are using this memory bits as part of a word already,eg if that status bit is something like statusInteger.05 you can sometimes set the multistate indicator to look at those individual bits.

Thanks to all of you giving me the advice. I have tried with text list and it is working perfectly. I have defined multistages and they have been represented by number in Text list and after that I am transfering those number in to memory word in PLC as per the status of process.