Panelview version incompatibility

realolman

We have a machine for which the manufacturer gave me the apa file for the panelview. When i tried to load it in my factory talk ME to make some modifications it squawked about a version difference and told me if i continued i could not open it in the original version. I went ahead and modified it with factory talk ME and tried to down load it to the PV+ 1000 and every thing went fine until it was just about to start and then it complains of a version error i tried three different versions. 8 7 and 6.1. Same thing

Let me guess.... I cant modify the apa file with my ME. And its gonna let me go through the whole deal and then not even give me a clear reason whats wrong?!?!

Or what might be wrong?
Thank you

What version of ME was it originally created in and what version do you have on your computer?

I strongly suspect it was not created on ME. But some better version. Mine is 8. I made runtimes in 6 7 and 8. Pv dint like any of them

Can you zip the file and post it?

Thanks but i cant. This thing gets the whole way through everything when trying to load it an then says it cant because ofversion incompatibility
This thing probably has 40 screens. Isnt there a limit to the number of screens u can use with ME. If that is the problem that is so ignorant that it left me do all this stuff and then craps out at this point ... A down day when u practically have to fight people to get to do stuff like this

Do you recall what the original version was? If you can email the original I can send you a pm.

ME is not the most expensive version of FT is it? Is there some reason i could not use a runtime that was created by some more expensive version and modified by ME. It is beginning to look to me like that is what is going on

Check the firmware version of your Panelview. The latest firmware version for a Panelview Plus 1000 is 5.10.

Create a runtime at 5.10 and try that one.

I can test the modified application runtime on my laptop and it works fine.
The original app works in the PV but it doenst like the modified one because of some version complaint

Check the firmware version of your Panelview. The latest firmware version for a Panelview Plus 1000 is 5.10.

Create a runtime at 5.10 and try that one.

That did it ...... Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Or maybe u do At any rate v 5.10 did it. Thank you thank you thank you
I worked on this thing all week and then to have it die like this. ThAnk you
Hey Bob O. Thank u also

That did it ...... Thank you so much. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Or maybe u do At any rate v 5.10 did it. Thank you thank you thank you
I worked on this thing all week and then to have it die like this. ThAnk you
Hey Bob O. Thank u also

No problem.
The older Panelview Plus 400-1500 have a latest firmware version of 5.10
The new Panelview Plus 6 400-1500 have firmware up to 8

No problem.
The older Panelview Plus 400-1500 have a latest firmware version of 5.10
The new Panelview Plus 6 400-1500 have firmware up to 8

well, you saved the day for me... this morning things were in the toilet... this afternoon things are modified, improved , and working fine 🍻