PanelView Plus 7 version incompatibility

JosephHuff

I'm fairly new to PLCs and HMIs, this forum has been a treasure trove of information. I don't really have a mentor here, so I'm teaching myself. o_O

I have 4 PanelView Plus 7s, 2 of which I was able to modify the HMI without too much struggle. The other 2 have presented me with a problem the internet has yet to answer, at least that I can find.

The PanelView will not recognize any USB, I've tried formatting in FAT and FAT32. It just will not see it. I can ping with my laptop and have changed the IP address and subnet. The cable I'm using will connect to other panels/PLCs without issue.

When I use the transfer tool, I get a .MER file, just like I have with the other panelviews. When I attempt to open the .MER I get:

"ERROR: Cannot open project due to version incompatibility."

I do not have a backup of this file as the person who made it left long ago and didn't save his work on our network.

I've also tried to copy the file through the File Management in the HMI and it doesn't see an external source. I've been working on this off and on for a week now, any help is appreciated.

Capture.PNG

When you compile the MER, you must pick the revision of the PanelView firmware. For example, let's say that you have v12 software and your PanelView is v10 firmware. When you make the runtime, there is a selection you need to change, to v10 MER.

Thanks for answering so fast.

So, when I try to create the runtime I get:

The file is not a valid runtime application file

Which I don't get with the other files from the other panels.

Capture.PNG

Being that the picture is showing you are using the Application Manager, you are likely restoring that MER, not creating a new one right?

KB article (BF4419) on that issue has 11 solutions. At a quick glance of the article, the MER is set to read only or is corrupt.

I was trying to find the quickest way to show the error I was having and I had Application Manager already open, sorry for adding confusion. Additionally, Friday afternoon got a bit hectic, then I promptly forgot my issues when I walked out the door.

The panelview that I can alter is revision 7.1, the other (that gives me the error) is 7.2. Is there a way to change this without losing the HMI program, because I don't have a backup?

I appreciate all the help, you all are great and have been a tremendous help even before my first post.