Formula

siggibald

hi

how do you write this formula
Dew%20Point.JPG
in the Expressions in CPT --- rslogix 500

Just saying

Since everything inside the curly braces is identical, solve for this quantity once and use the result in both numerator and denominator. This will save processing time.

Using Doug's idea, it would look like the attached rungs (assuming you have a PLC with the LN function, such as the SLC 5/03 with OS302 or higher, 5/04, 5/05, or ML 1400).

Dew Point.jpg

Last edited:
another just saying

I don't know if it's me or what, but I had some trouble already with CPT. I don't think (2+2) is the same thing as ( 2 + 2 ) ... it seems like it wants the spaces. It won't allow you to pick the existing tags... you have to type everything out... I think I'd sooner just use a couple math instructions