RSLinx Classic Will not run with FTView ME ver. 7.0

tlona

Good morning all. I just installed FTView ME ver. 7.0 on my win 7 laptop. Now my RSlinx Classic ver 2.58 service will not run and cant be started on my win 7 laptop. I suspect there is some conflict between RS Linx Classic and the recent install of RS Linx Enterprize?

I had the same thing happen to me. I just uninstalled RSLinx and then re-installed it. I am using v3.70 if that makes any difference.

I have to kill RSLinx enterprise everytime I want to use DF-1 because running both causes a conflict. I usually kill the process using Task Manager and kill RSLinxNG.exe

I did a re-install and allowed the FTView ME 7.00 upgrade my RSlinx classic 2.58 to 3.60 and all seems to work fine. During my first FTView ME 7.00 installation, I unchecked the RSlinx classic 3.60 upgrade/install since I knew it would wipe-out all of my previous RSLinx driver configurations.
Thank-you for the compare products link. Did not know about that. But even thought that link said the two were compatible, in reality the did not play nice together. Also, with my current install/upgrade DF1-1 seems to work fine. Thank-you all for you input and hope this may help future users.

EDS Subsystem

Note: FactoryTalk View Studio v7 and RSLinx Classic v3.60 have now updated your EDS Subsystem. Older versions of certain software products may no longer function correctly...

530781 - Products show yellow/gray questions marks after upgrade
Access Level: TechConnect

I would check any other possibly affected software products are working correctly after your recent upgrade.

Regards,
George

........I unchecked the RSlinx classic 3.60 upgrade/install since I knew it would wipe-out all of my previous RSLinx driver configurations.........

Might be a timely reminder to perform a Backup of those driver configurations....

"Start > All Program > Rockwell Software > RSLinx > RSLinx Classic Backup/Restore Utility"

This is also a great tool if you have multiple PCs which need to be used on the plant... Get one all configured and working, then Backup and Restore to all the others. The backup file can be transported to each machine on a USB stick, or accessed via a network drive.

Note: FactoryTalk View Studio v7 and RSLinx Classic v3.60 have now updated your EDS Subsystem. Older versions of certain software products may no longer function correctly...

530781 - Products show yellow/gray questions marks after upgrade
Access Level: TechConnect

I would check any other possibly affected software products are working correctly after your recent upgrade.

Regards,
George

..... which I have been told is no longer "included" and "given" for 12 months when you've bought software from RA !!! You have to buy a technical support "contract" to be able to successfully install and integrate your new products... IMHO that is a disgrace.....

Last edited:
Thank-you all of the advice and pointers. It is greatly appreciated. Yes, I am sure I will run into issues with this upgrade at the worst possible moments. Seems every time I install or update RA software, something else is affected. I am now learning that the FTview ME 7.00 is not backwards compatible when it comes to the .med file only the .mer file.