FactoryTalk View SE Macro call from VBA

mushburger

All,

I am in the process of testing a FactoryTalk View SE application that has a display that calls a Macro from VBA. 9 times out of 10 this Macro will get called and work fine, but occasionally the Macro will fail with the message "Command or Macro <macro_name> is unknown."

Here is a list of things I have tried to fix this:
- Deleting and recreating the macro
- Increase the temporary internet file space to max
- Restart IIS
- Call the macro with ExecuteCommand(<macro>) and Application.ExecuteCommand(<macro>) (Macro has failed with both)
- Added another macro to the next line of VBA code. The original macro fails, the new test one works (this is really odd)

I have talked to RA tech support, but there isn't much support for VBA so that didn't get me very far.

Since there is already VBA code, the obvious solution would be to move the macro functionality to the VBA code and remove the macro altogether. This may be what I have to do, but before I do that, I want to find a root cause.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or does anyone have any ideas on other things I can do to fix this?

Thanks