PLC instruction

theripley

Hi.

What PLC instruction can I use in a sorting application, in which the inspecting device is 500 m away from the sorting device? Considering that inspected products run spontaneously in a conveyor. Will the bit shift instruction works?

yes it will work, however maybe you will need a very big array.
maybe better to store the value when to act.
this is depending on resolution needed.

I did it several years ago, use a FIFO a and a counter. In my case I use a photocell to enter items in the queue, and another photocell to check items to be expulsed (sorted) from the conveyor. In my case distance is relatively short no more than 12 meters and can handle up to 30 items between photocells.
In your case you can increase FIFO size to do the same, several items can be marked as bad on the conveyor at the same time.
My plcs is a compactlogix running Rslogix5k v 19.