step 7 program recreation

rsbn

I've got a task to make a new, more stable PLC program, based on the solution that was made a long time ago.

The problem is that this old program is very complicated and badly commented. It is really hard understand the goals of each block of the program.
Are there any general approach to this kind of task? Are there any tools that help to understand those programs?

Those, who made the original program is, well, unreachable now, so I can't ask them for help.

Electrical docs, connection plans, talking to people who work with the machine.
If You have knowlege on what the program is doing and components that are connected to PLC, just pen&paper and figure it out ;)
Original program is just used to confirm Your assumptions.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone! I just became a member of this great site. I have a PLC program from an S5-100U PLC, and now I want to make a PDF report of all...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I'm new here and was hoping someone can help me out. I have a pneumatic punching/ bending machine that broke down running on a...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, Good day. I am just wondering if you could help me how to program a "running hour" in step 7, for example, I have activated a light...
Replies
Views
What could be wrong..? I have tried to set on and off this ticker "automatic program status change on blocks" (at customize menu), to have back...
Replies
Views
HELP, and hello! First of all I want to say that i'm new to all this plc stuff. I have a s7-300 cpu on my desk right now. It was kind of a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom