RSLogix 5000 App Crash

Joshua37

Hey,

I am facing this annoying problem with Rslogix 5000. The app crashes whenever I am trying to open or access the controller/program tags. o_O

What is more confusing is the fact that not every 5000 project on my computer seems to have this issue.

I have tried restarting the system couple of times but no luck.

I have couple of screenshots attached of the error.
May be someone knows about this and will help me out :)

rslogix5000_app_crash.jpg rslogix5000_app_crash2.jpg

Will re-installing the software all over again fix problems like these ??

I don't want to do so, but if I may not have other options,then fine.

Please assist.

I don't think I have an answer for you, but that looks like windows7

what version is the PLC program you are trying to modify ?

WIN 7 won't work on older versions. ( I don't know how well it works on newer versions either )

And it often doesn't give you an accurate indication of what's the problem

I don't think I have an answer for you, but that looks like windows7

what version is the PLC program you are trying to modify ?

WIN 7 won't work on older versions. ( I don't know how well it works on newer versions either )

And it often doesn't give you an accurate indication of what's the problem

Well, the version was initially my suspect as I was having trouble with v16, but then I had the same issue with a different program which was of v19. A program in v17 works just fine. So I don't think its a version menace.

I can't find anything regarding this online, not even in Knowledge base.

BTW, I was able to find a tech note about a similar app crash in Factory Talk View.

135020 - FactoryTalk View Studio ME/SE crash on Startup
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/135020

I tried these steps but in vain. And yes I reckon you are right, it is a Windows problem.

I have never been able to "fix" RSLogix application crashes without doing a full uninstall and reinstall...

I have never been able to "fix" RSLogix application crashes without doing a full uninstall and reinstall...

That seems to be the case here as well. I actually wanted to try all hands on deck before giving in.

I'll do the re installation chore and get back with this problem if still exists.