Running hour program in Step 7

apolionman

Hello Guys, Good day.

I am just wondering if you could help me how to program a "running hour" in step 7, for example, I have activated a light then I want to know how many seconds , minutes, or hours does the light has been activated. By the way I am using WinCC as a visual runtime of a light an the "running hour".

Hope to hear from you soon.
:nodi::nodi::nodi:

Use the built-in Timer MB (see the CPU specs for its address) and use the one second impulse to count up seconds and then divide by 60 as required to get minutes, hours, etc.

What I regularly do is run a self-resetting run-time pulse timer of 6.0 seconds.

When that timer is DN I count up a counter to 10 - 10 counts of 6 seconds = 1 minute.
When that counter is done I count a Minutes counter to 60 & reset the 1st counter.
When the Minutes counter is DN, count an Hours counter & reset the Minutes counter.
With this method you can cascade counters for thousands hours, million hours, and more (if you want to get ridiculous.)