Red Lion and DL205 have to hit stop to go ??

icc1john

I have a Red Lion G310 in communication with a DL250-1, everything is working, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is my start and stop PB's on the Red Lion - they work (tags go to c locations in the DL250), but on power up, I hit the start button - nothing... If I hit the stop PB, then the start, everything works fine... If I power off, then I have to hit stop to go...

I am missing something simple here... I have even written in simple 3 wire start/stops with only a C bit to stop (nc), a C bit to start (no), it works, but the same thing... I have to hit stop to go...

What the heck am I missing ???

Try inverting the logic on the HMI and in the program. Sometimes the power up state initializes to a state different than what you expect. This might not help but worth a shot.

I think I saw this before and just powered the PLC and HMI with a UPS then manually punched the buttons at startup as a band-aid fix. Someone once told me that it was a protection against comm loss. I have no idea if that was correct.

Last edited:
I have a Red Lion G310 in communication with a DL250-1, everything is working, but one thing I can't wrap my head around is my start and stop PB's on the Red Lion - they work (tags go to c locations in the DL250), but on power up, I hit the start button - nothing... If I hit the stop PB, then the start, everything works fine... If I power off, then I have to hit stop to go...

I am missing something simple here... I have even written in simple 3 wire start/stops with only a C bit to stop (nc), a C bit to start (no), it works, but the same thing... I have to hit stop to go...

What the heck am I missing ???

Are you saying that your Stop PB bit initializes to an on state when you power up the HMI? Does the Start PB bit also initialize to an on state? Is there no option for choosing initialization status for your PB bits in this HMI?

I think I have it whooped... The HMI pushbuttons are now all momentary n/o and the contacts in the plc n/c and all seems to be working. I went through everything I think about 15 times - enough until I started looking for impossible solutions...
I think I may have copied the PB's forward into other screens as n/c buttons... Still not sure I understand what happened, but it is apparently "fixed".