Invertec Optidrive E fault

david.h

Hello all, I have an old stock new optidrive E that was connected to a .75 kw motor, worked once then now goes direct to a 0-I fault (over current) it does this even with no motor connected. Tried resetting parameters, managed to get it to start and ramp up once (no load conected) now only straight to 0-I. Any thoughts thanks.

Sounds very much like a faulty drive. I've used a lot of optidrives and never had one trip with or without a motor, unless there was a genuine fault. If you've performed a factory reset and it still won't go, I'd take it in to your local Invertek rep and ask them to have a look at it. They're usually very helpful, and will probably swap it straight over for a new one if they think it's faulty out of the box.

Thanks, any idea who the rep is in South Australia? This unit was purchased online from the US together with some others that are all fine.

Hmm, nope sorry no idea about SA. Try google? Although if you bought them from the US he'll probably be somewhat less inclined to help. He certainly won't replace it for you. But if you ask nicely he might at least put it on the bench and confirm it's faulty so you can send it back.