Timers

dgwill

I have had an issue with a Mitsubishi plc whereby a timer appeared not to operate. Not being fully conversant with programming ,yet, I overcame the problem by wiring in an external timer to give the equipment the signal it needed. There was no conflict with anything else. Question - is it possible for a plc timer to become faulty and not operate?

I have no personal experience with Mitsubishi PLC's, but I'd suggest looking through your program to make sure nothing is accidentally overwriting your timer's accumulator or preset values, and make sure your enable and reset conditions are correct for starters.

What kind of problem are you seeing with your timer, exactly?

To answer your question, it is very highly unlikely for an internal timer to not operate. I've had some Mitsubishi FX micros out there for over ten years without a hiccup.

Did it ever work? If not, your program is probably faulty. If it used to work and doesn't now, then the preset is probably faulty or else some new logic is preventing it from being enabled.

Post the appropriate sections of your logic, and you will surely get help.

Seek TCIG, is right.
Write by Tom Jenkins
I've had some Mitsubishi FX micros out there for over ten years without a hiccup.
No, it have any problems, company Mitsubishi silence about.