Usage of Timers in Winproladder software for FATEK PLC

Hi everyone

I am using Winproladder software for programming FATEK FBs PLCs and in programming, we often use Timers for activation of the output coils or contacts. But, one things seems abnormal to me that FATEK has on delay timers that run when the Enable bit has been given a contact activation so after the timer elapse and the activation of respective coil or contacts, I want to make the timer get stopped as it has already activated the coil so no need to run but it keeps running as the ladder contact enabling it are on active high. So , is there any method to stop it after activation of contact or it should be kept running till the power cut? Also, other PLC timers works in the same way like this or not?
Thanks
Your suggestions will be highly valuable

It depends how your logic is arranged; can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about?

"Stopping" the timer usually means resetting the timer, which is done in one of two ways:

• Make the input to the timer go False
  • Use a RESET instruction on the timer's data object

It depends how your logic is arranged; can you post a screenshot of what you are talking about?

"Stopping" the timer usually means resetting the timer, which is done in one of two ways:

• Make the input to the timer go False
  • Use a RESET instruction on the timer's data object

Thanks and is it OK to not reset it and keep it running even after its usage in the program?

Thanks and is it OK to not reset it and keep it running even after its usage in the program?

Yes that is okay to leave the timer expired (it is only a bit with its value maintained as 1 instead of as 0) as long as the coil is to stay on; in fact it might be simpler because then the timer output can drive the coil (that is delayed to be a value of 1) directly, and you don't need another "seal-in" or "latch" circuit to maintain the coil.