FATEK Timers Usage in PLC Program

Dear all,

I have some query about the use of Timers in Fatek PLC Module by using WinproLadder Software. I am trying to use one timer instance in more than one rungs ? Is it possible to use same timer let say Timer "T100" in ladder number 10 and also at ladder number 30 for the action to be repeated using the Timer without having to create new Timer and the input contacts are some different in both cases. I also tried it on jig but both timers doesnot operate.

Chances are no you cannot use the same timer I think you are referring to in-built standard timers, IEC timers are different, when you drop an IEC timer on your code then it asks for an instance in this case it probably is not an actual timer as in standard timers but a subroutine, if you give it the same instance then the ACC (Accumulated time) would need to be an IN/OUT parameter & different for each insrtance.

Chances are no you cannot use the same timer I think you are referring to in-built standard timers, IEC timers are different, when you drop an IEC timer on your code then it asks for an instance in this case it probably is not an actual timer as in standard timers but a subroutine, if you give it the same instance then the ACC (Accumulated time) would need to be an IN/OUT parameter & different for each insrtance.

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in my mind.

Dear all,

I have some query about the use of Timers in Fatek PLC Module by using WinproLadder Software. I am trying to use one timer instance in more than one rungs ? Is it possible to use same timer let say Timer "T100" in ladder number 10 and also at ladder number 30 for the action to be repeated using the Timer without having to create new Timer and the input contacts are some different in both cases. I also tried it on jig but both timers doesnot operate.

Hi Faizan;

No, the usage of timers cannot be repeated. If you encounter a shortage of timers, you can create additional timers through Memory Allocation within the Project. Typically, I utilize M1922 (built-in 1-second clock) in conjunction with a counter. By utilizing M1922, I count the pulses, effectively using the counter as a timer. I have observed that as program size increases, the accuracy of timers diminishes. Therefore, if precision is not a concern, regular timers should be used.