Fatek WinProLadder communication problem

Burnavator

I have an issue on my vessel, we have water tight door system created in China, company is no longer operating. We have 7 doors each with their own Fatek PLC which operates the door and they are all connected to a display unit on the bridge A board with leds and buttons etc (not a HMI), (this also has a remote close function. and another panel in the Engine Room for displaying door status etc. Much the same as the bridge unit but without the remote close function. We have a backup of all the existing PLC code for the door but the bridge and Engine room PLCs are password protected and no way to get the password. I have created the PLC code for the door and set up all the links in the Link table, Ive double checked all of this and it should be correct however it doesnt appear to working as expected, Im sure its just something wrong with the communication setup between the PLC's. All the doors are the same PLC code only the station ID's are changing doors 1-7 = station ID 1-7 Engine room PLC = 8 and bridge PLC station ID 9.

I have attached all of the software with my new Bridge PLC code =9

Can someone please take a look and see what the issue is ive made with the comms.

Thank you very much in advance

Brendan

Attachments

• English PLC Programs.zip
    44.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello,

Regarding the 9 Bridge PLC acting as the 'Master' and the link tables you've created, could you please confirm if data is being exchanged with all slave PLCs?

Additionally, could you provide insights into the basis for creating 118 data exchanging words in the Link table?

As per attached picture, please install M150, M151, and M152, and share the results.

PLC Talk.png

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply. There is an additional function which I have not properly looked at yet as I'm only trying to gain basic functionality. Essentially each individual alarm on each door is reported back to this main PLC and there will be a modbus NMEA string output to the Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) I'm not sure how the string is structured yet, but thought it would be best to include everything so that when I know the data string structure I can look at doing that. I'm actually heading to the Vessel today, to try and get it working, so will be sure to add what you suggested and report back then.

Thanks again.

Brendan

Hello,

Regarding the 9 Bridge PLC acting as the 'Master' and the link tables you've created, could you please confirm if data is being exchanged with all slave PLCs?

Additionally, could you provide insights into the basis for creating 118 data exchanging words in the Link table?

As per attached picture, please install M150, M151, and M152, and share the results.

View attachment 69384
Hi again,

Just to inform you, the 7 slave PLCs for each door had conflicting Modbus addresses, and I also found that the PLC code for door 3 was different to the rest which was causing a corruption in the Link Table I couldn't see any reason for the extra code so have just removed it now and everything is working great.

thank you for you help.

Brendan