IP Address issue

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I realize this is a forum for PLC's but thought i would ask and see if anyone ever had the same issue. I have a laptop that I connect to our PLC's in the field via IP address. But now when I ipconfig in the cmd prompt it shows two IP Addresses for my IPv4 connection and this keeps me from connecting to any plc via ethernet. Anyone have any idea how to get rid of the second IP?

What OS are you running?
Do you have more than one NIC (Network Interface Card)?
If more than one NIC, you can go to your Control Panel>>Network and Internet>>Network Connections, the right click the unused connection and Disable it.

I was able to use the netsh in cmd prompt and remove it once rebooted.... thx guys I was at my last straw on that one... Cheers!

A network card may have more than one static IP address assigned, either in Windows Adapter properties>Internet protocol version 4>Advanced>IP Settings or from command prompt Netsh interface, by add IP address command.
I never had issues with connectivity after adding another IP address.