G306A HMI Blinking

Red lion g306a blinking

I'm not sure if every page is blinking but I do know that the main page is blinking. When you go to the alarm viewer and clear the alarms then the blinking stops. Thank you for responding.

I've used alarms quite a bit on the G3 but I've never seen the behavior you're describing. Maybe because I always use automatic accept. Is the whole page flashing or just a certain object?

There are number of possibilities. The fill color of the page could be set to change continually if alarms are present. Or maybe there is a big object stretched across the whole page that does the same thing. If this is a program you wrote, you could probably confirm or deny these ideas. As far as I know, there is isn't a simple option you can turn on to make the page flash during an alarm condition.

Check your alarm set up. There is a box you can check to have the HMI play an alarm sound. I think the screen blinks too. Your speaker may not be working so you don't hear the sound but see the screen blink.

Had that happen once and the customer freaked out. Thought the screen was going nut's.

"The Siren property is used to indicate whether or not the activation of this alarm should also activate the target device’s sounder. While the sounder is active, the panel’s display will also flash to better draw attention to the alarm condition."