H0-ctrio Counter Module

nykommling

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a H0-CTRIO counter module mounted in slot #1 of a Automation Direct D0-06DD1. I want to be able to change the preset of the counter via a thumbwheel switch. I have configured the module with the CTRIO WORKBENCH program and it operates as expected. When I try to change the presets of the module with my ladder program the output stops working. I don't see any errors from the module. It acts like I don't have any preset programed in at all. I have attached the small program that I have be playing with. Thank You!

nykommling,

I'm going to suggest that you take this issue to the AD forum. AD tech support monators this forum and seems responsive to many of these issues. The only problem is you cant post graphics.

From my perspective I dont use the presets, but use the user memory (V2000 + ) to hold comparitave values that are compared to the counter with ...comparitave contacts in the ladder. You now know why I did it this way. It was a quick workaround and because it worked, I never did pursue the issue any furter. I'd be interested in the final solution.

http://forum1.automationdirect.com/...pplications&number=1&DaysPrune=100&LastLogin=

This will take quite a while to debug over a forum. Please call AutomationDirect Technical Support at 1-770-844-4200 and ask for CTRIO help. The guys there will be able to get you going in no time.

Yes Mike, I'm still working on the same problem that I posted earlier. I need two high speed counters to operate their outputs at the same time. I tried using the counters included in the D0-06. The first counter would work ok, but the second counter would miss its assigments while the first counter was running the interrupts. So I bought the H0-CTRIO high speed counter module. I'm now trying to understand what their talking about in the manual. I got my first simple program to work by changing the preset value to hex with the BIN instrution. I think I'll take icky's advice and call tech support.

This program will change the preset value in the module.