AB 440C-CR30 safety controller vs a Leuze MSI100/200

adisharr

I have a safety application where my preference is to use a Leuze MSI 100 programmable safety controller. The customer is more familar with AB and would like us to consider using a 440C unit.

It looks like the 440C is going to be more limiting is how you can configure your safety function blocks. I would consider the Guardmaster 600 to be a closer match although that of course doesn't have any free software package to configure it like the 440C and Leuze units.

I'm looking for opinions on the 440C - have you had an application where it was difficult to configure?

I have a safety application where my preference is to use a Leuze MSI 100 programmable safety controller. The customer is more familar with AB and would like us to consider using a 440C unit.

It looks like the 440C is going to be more limiting is how you can configure your safety function blocks. I would consider the Guardmaster 600 to be a closer match although that of course doesn't have any free software package to configure it like the 440C and Leuze units.

I'm looking for opinions on the 440C - have you had an application where it was difficult to configure?

I´m using 8 440C in a project at the moment and they are really easy to configure. I have never used the Leuze MSI 100 so I cannot compare, but I had one out of the box to running in about 15 minutes.

I am not sure how complicated your logic is but I think that the 440C has blocks that cover most things.