Want to control speed of AC drive using another AC Drive

psaundary

Hi i want to control the speed of AC drive using Another Drive reference output . please help me :cry:
And also i am confused in practical hard wiring :(

Hi i want to control the speed of AC drive using Another Drive reference output . please help me :cry:
And also i am confused in practical hard wiring :(

Hello,
There are several ways this can be done, it will just depend on exactly what you have and exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish.
Assuming you want drive #2 to run at the same speed as drive #1 (drive 2 will follow drive #1)
You can wire from drive #1 Analog Output to Drive #2 Analog Input.
Then set drive 2 frequency setpoint reference as Analog Input.

Now drive 2 should follow drive #1.
You can also scale these different from each other or set up offsets if you need drive 2 to follow drive 1 but run a different speed.

Give a little more info on what you are using, Drive Type, Model #, and if these drives are networked together or not. This will make it easier for someone to give you more detailed information to your specific drive.

BCS