Comfort TP1200 OPC UA Client Driver Issue

Marshy

Hi All,

I've been able to get the OPC UA Client driver on a TP1200 comfort panel project communicating with a Kepware OPC UA Server on a remote SCADA when simulating the comfort panel in simulation mode, however when I download the configuration to the comfort panel it doesn't work?

In the system diagnostics of the TP1200 all it says is "Connection to PLC Connection_1 is interrupted"

The security policy and message security mode are both set to none.

Is there anything else on the panel I should be doing or logs I can check to help me find the problem?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Rich

Same Issue

So i'm trying to connect an TP1200 as a client via OPC UA Driver to the Beckhoff OPC UA Server. security is none and none. TIA Portal Simulation connects and displays tags. Download and it does not work on the panel.

I currently have the Panel in my office talking successfully to an inductive automation ignition opc ua server.

Thanks for any help.

buck

Hi,
OPC UA apparently relies on the DNS name. As soon as I configured the DNS address on the TP1200 it worked.
See this link for a little more info.
However, I still have an issue with one panel and the OPC UA driver and I'm starting to think you can't mix drivers on the panel even though the manual says the S7-1500 driver is compatible with the OPC UA Driver.
I'm on holiday now so won't get back to it for a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Rich

Marshy,

Thanks for the help. when you say configure the DNS address on the TP1200 i'm assuming your network has a DNS server and you just pointed your comfort panel at it, using the network port's configuration on the name servers tab.

my hmi network is physically isolated and I do not have a DNS server to resolve PC names.

so will i need to modify the windows ce registry to had the host name and IP https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/199370
and modify the host file on the OPC server as well?

when I set up the connection from the engineering station to the OPC UA server it automatically changes the IP address to the PCs name. I wonder if I could just force it back and everything would be happy?

Thanks again for your help!

buck

Bigger Problems than DNS

In the comfort panel, I have it talking to an Inductive Automation Ignition OPC UA server. The OPC Server
discovery URL:

Picture 1

While the Beckhoff

Picture 2

This seems to be fine.
But when we look at a tag address;

Picture 3

The inductive automation – ignition server uses a URI while the Beckhoff uses a URN. Furthermore the
Beckhoff uses “:” in the address string and a “.” To proceed the tag name.
Compare this to WinCC. Here instead of using a uri or urn for the Namespace (ns) the system save the index
number. 6 for example with the ignition server. Both the ignition and the beckhoff work with WinCC. And the
TIA Portal software works with ignition, beckhoff, and WinCC OPC UA server. What does not work is the
downloaded runtime on the comfort panel to the Beckhoff OPC UA Server. So this goes back to my original
question. Why does the engineering software work in simulation but the comfort panel does not?

Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7

Facing similar issue!

WinCC15 and TP900 comfort panel. Trying to read values from 3rd party OPC UA server in the TP900 HMI, but not working. But the same configuration, working fine in simulation mode.

I understand the DNS issue is related to usage of HMI as OPC UA server, but in my case, i want to read/write values from 3rd party OPC UA server in HMI. OPC server supports, None security mode and same has been configured in wincc connection setting as well.

As i mentioned, wincc simulation mode is working as expected, but not in the HMI.

Any help is appreciated.

7 years, wow I can't believe it as been that long. That job was a special one. I fought everything on that one. I know I had to move certificates from one folder to another to get OPC to authenticate. I believe I ended up accessing the Beckhoff via OPC UA into the WinCC system. from there my comfort panels accessed the tags in WinCC. It was not pretty but it worked. I wish I could remember more.