Connecting to Siemens s7-200

sobrio35

Hey all,

Trying to go online with an outdated Siemens s7-200. I have the correct cable I believe (PPI Multi-Master Cable - PPI-RS485 on one end, PC-USB on the other) but my laptop is not registering it. We have Step 7 - Micro Win version 4.01

I've tried like mad to find a driver for the cable but without success. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Hey all,

Trying to go online with an outdated Siemens s7-200. I have the correct cable I believe (PPI Multi-Master Cable - PPI-RS485 on one end, PC-USB on the other) but my laptop is not registering it. We have Step 7 - Micro Win version 4.01

I've tried like mad to find a driver for the cable but without success. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
You don't have to have a driver to use the PPI cable.
Take a look at screenshot, if Siemens MicroWin is installed correctly it will create your driver.

PPI_Cable.jpg

but my laptop is not registering it.

For the MultiMaster cable it will not show up in your device manager as a COM port, it will show up as a Simatic device, with your device manager open unplug the cable... if your screen blinks and you hear a tone then its loading/unloading, if you see a yellow exclamation mark then you have a driver or hardware issue and you need to look at the details of the device

Set your PG/PC and choose USB in the details ~ see the attached procedure on setting it up, I think it should help