B&R CP476 Visualisation on B&R studio

radziu88

Hello all

I have interesting task to do.

Have machine with B&R cp476 PLC and old control panel with beryl works.

I need to make new panel for it and new visualization. But problem is i do not have CPU source code so my question is how can i download Variable list from this PLC using AS4.1 or some other tool ?

Best regards

There is any way to download source code from this PLC ?

OR

I have download files from old HMI but visualization is written in Interact. Maybe there is some way to export variable list ?

You can get the variable list using PVI and even create a new HMI using those variables in .NET on a PC using the PVIservices dll. If the PLC program has OPC setup, then you can still connect to that with any OPC server as well.

You won't be able to alter the PLC program and probably will have a hard time figuring out what the variables do if they aren't really well named.

In Automation Stuido, under the tools menu, you will either see PVI or Runtime Utility Center. If it is Runtime Utility Center, on the next window, choose the first option talking about .pil files.

You can create a routine that connects to the PLC's IP address or serial connection, then uploads the values of all the variables and outputs that to a file. You can then look at that to try and figure out what is going on.

The PVIservices library will allow you to connect to the PLC and access all of these variables. There was basically no security back in the cp476 days.

I might be wrong, but for PVI to know the variable addresses and symbolic names, don't you need to have the source PLC project ?

Googling for "Interact HMI" reveals a proprietary HMI that runs on DOS (!?) or Windows CE. So I don't thing that radziu88 has PVI running as OPC server.

Thank you all for answers.

Old hmi is connected via RS232 cable ( tx rx only) And is working wit DOS and Interact software.

I don't know if OPC function is enabled in PLC.
How can i check it ?

Best regards

I might be wrong, but for PVI to know the variable addresses and symbolic names, don't you need to have the source PLC project ?

No, the PVI protocol that B&R uses to communicate variable states with Automation Studio, Windows applications, and their PVI transfer tool can tell you the names of tasks and variables without you having the project. You don't even need Automation Studio, their PVI transfer tool and the PVIservices .DLL for .NET programming are available as a free downloads.

No, the PVI protocol that B&R uses to communicate variable states with Automation Studio, Windows applications, and their PVI transfer tool can tell you the names of tasks and variables without you having the project. You don't even need Automation Studio, their PVI transfer tool and the PVIservices .DLL for .NET programming are available as a free downloads.

Thank you for answer. Can you tell me more about this method ?
i successfully installed PVI B&R Development Setup ant there are 2 sub-folders :

Development and Runtime

In Development we have next sub-folders :

Diagnostic with contains programs :
- OPC Converter
- OPC Monitor

Server with contains programs:
- OPC Server
- PVI DDE Server

In Runtime folder we have:
- PVI Manager
- PVI Monitor
- PVI Monitor Remote.

But there is no program called PVI transfer tool. Can you Give me more information?

Best Regards

We manage to receive source code from machine manufacture company.
Software is written in PG2000 so question is if it possible to import this software to AS4 or some other AS?

Best regards