New SLC Cards or Reman?

sparkie

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a BUNCH of old SLC cards laying around. I was thinking about sending some off to be re-manufactured. What experience do you guys have with using reman cards as far as quality and savings versus a new card?

We repair them... but depends on the card if its worth the cost

Send me a email with a few of the part numbers you have and I will let you know, I find that more people are just repairing the CPU's and the higher end ones

We repair them... but depends on the card if its worth the cost

Send me a email with a few of the part numbers you have and I will let you know, I find that more people are just repairing the CPU's and the higher end ones

Sent you the PM, but I'm still interested in the experiences of others when it comes to this process.

Hi again,

We use Lektronix for repairs on AB equipment, and others.

We have had 2 SLC 5/05 and 1 SLC 5/03 repaired lately. We have also had SLC I/O modules with even 1 point faulty repaired in the past and worked fine since. We have an SLC chassis away with them at the moment for assessment as it was giving intermittent rack errors. They also repair PanelView terminals for us, and the odd drive. Everything comes back like new.

My coordinator, in the last couple of hours, just retired a MicroLogix 1400 base unit by accidentally shorting output connections while testing on the bench. Great fun. Power and Fault LEDs on, but no display, and no comms. He's gone home now. That put a full stop on his weeks work!

Next week we'll probably contact them to see if can they replace the magic smoke. Some might not be bothered, but we love spending the companies money at every possible opportunity, but it does work out cheaper than buying new, especially with the Silver Series stuff.

Sorry for the anti-plug Mark, but I meant it more as providing my experience with repaired AB equipment. If I was state side and inclined to do this, then I would definitely give Mark a go (geniusintraining).

Regards,
George

I always see him on here helping and answering questions, so I would LOVE to use his company. It would simply be a matter of pricing and convenience vs other companies that are more local. Of course, my boss is a manager, so I have to speak his language (numbers).

I keep hearing quite good things about this, and I literally have boxes of cards that I would like to send some off off to be tested and certified.

We use Lektronix for repairs on AB equipment, and others.

Lektronix is a good customer of mine :) Bridgend, West Midlands and Down are the 3 locations that buy the most

Sorry for the anti-plug Mark, but I meant it more as providing my experience with repaired AB equipment. If I was state side and inclined to do this, then I would definitely give Mark a go (geniusintraining).

No worries George, most of my sales are in USA, Canada and Australia, the stronger dollar has changed my market for sure

On a side note... the Open is soon