32 point Digital Inputs Cards on SLC

Jezz

Hi All,
does any one know how you connect to a 32 point card all I can find at the moment is that it is supplied with a 40 pin connector and crimp termials ,does this mean I can make up my own connection cable to the card (That's what i would like to do ).

Thanks

Thanks but I'm not after a pre made cable, we are trying to modify our system, so I need to be more flexible and I need to know if I can make up my own connector cable with what's supplied with the card.

Yes, you can make your own cable, the crimp pins and terminal are supplied with the card.

But!, the pins are small and fussy, we use the AB 1492-CABLE025N3 pre-wired arm w/2.5 meter cable w/flying leads on the opposite end. This way you can eliminate alot of frustration and mistakes.

We use the same cable as Wireguy mentioned. I put the colours on the electrical drawings and never had a problem.

You can make your own cables. RS Components do the crimp tool (233 0044 - Amp 169481-1) and spare pins. Strip back 4mm of cable to crimp. Can do with pliers + solder but very messy and not very good - need lots of spare pins.